Friday, January 23, 2015

Installing the side chrome trim. Drilling my fine paint!!

It is always a bit scary to drill through a nice finish.  This car was painted when I got it, and the replacement door and right fender panel didn't have the trim holes drilled. I was able to locate a set of trim that needed re-chroming.  I had some trouble locating a chromer I could afford, so it took awhile but looks good now.

Here are pictures of the process:


I was able to use the existing left hand fender holes
as a template for the right side. 

Then I used tape, the chrome piece and a level to
mark for the door trim. I used a 1/8" pilot hole and then
a tapered bit to match the hole sizes needed.



Looks good in the garage.


Outside views on a rare sunny day.
We have had clouds and fog lately, so glad to see the sun.








And the boot chrome:







No comments:

Post a Comment