Monday, July 29, 2013

The harness is here, wiring fun begins!

The harness from England via British Wiring arrived last week, while I was in Delaware steaming and visiting grandchildren.  Today I pulled the harness and electricals from the engine bay and firewall.  I will do the interior and rear harness next and then pull the new harness in and hook things up.  As of now I am going to stick with the generator, so will keep the voltage regulator as stock.

Left side of firewall.  I cleaned the regulators and relays as
I went along today.

Right side of engine bay.

Spider webs on Lucas electrics, a scary thought for reliability.

After I finished in the engine compartment things look like this:
























So I won't be driving or starting the engine again for awhile.   I have some more summer things to do with family, but will keep working as morning time and temperatures allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment