Sunday, May 12, 2013

Progress?

I have had distractions getting in the way of progress on the ZB.  I have an MGA coupe that is also in total project mode, don't ask me why I would try and do two at once, it wasn't really all my fault. This last week I had to stop and work on my irrigation lines and pump, we have two cows to fatten up so a nice green pasture is essential.  Every spring the pipes on the ground need flushing and re-connection, this year the pipe the pump draws water from also needed silt and trash removal, I used a trash water pump and it worked fine. After that work the pump was primed without problem, but the outflow pipe immediately split open along a crack on its underside. Maybe a result of the hard winter or from a bump from a four wheeler or lawn mower. That was patched up and everything is operational now.

The trash pump in action.

Car wise I have finished going through all the parts. I have rebuilt the MC, the bores seemed good on my spare.  I have been cleaning up some parts with the wire brush and painted some brackets, etc. I bent the MC to four way brake line, using the copper/nickel alloy, so hand bent.  I will be getting to the brakes this week. I had previously ordered many body panels from John Shorten in the old country, before I came to my senses and pulled the plug on my rusty parts car.  I have sold and shipped off most of these, others more skilled than I can put them to good use. Hopefully more serious progress will be accomplished this week.

Shorten floor panel

Turn signal switch.


The week after this I will be going to Gary's Run in British Columbia, I will be taking either my current Magnette or a '63 MGB.


No comments:

Post a Comment