Sunday, May 19, 2013

Temperature gauge sender

I don't mean to confuse you all, but I thought this post about a new "proto-type" temperature sender for the Z Magnette was pretty interesting, though the pictures are from my already restored Magnette, not the Birch Gray subject of this blog.

The sender is an electronic drop in replacement for the NLA, no longer available, original senders.  I had an MGB sender in place put it was more of a hole plug than it was functional.  I had not done the extra resistors and wiring needed to make it record accurately.

The prototype simply screwed into the existing site near the thermostat and seems to work great. A longer test is upcoming this week when I embark on the 1000 + mile loop to British Columbia for Gary's Run, an annual MG group trip.

Key on, engine not running.

At first start up.
After a ten minute drive.  It will be very nice if this proves
accurate, not knowing engine temp on a long run is
worrisome. 

Simple looking for so much happiness!

Looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment